Dental implants are the preferred solution by dentists and patients for missing teeth because of their natural appearance, durability, and capacity to restore normal eating and speaking functions. Many people are familiar with the basic facts about tooth implants, such as the cost and procedure, but there are here are a few other interesting facts you may not know.
1. Best success rate – Tooth implants have a 98 percent rate of success, which is higher than all other tooth replacement options, including dentures, crowns, and bridges. After about seven years, dentures require replacement, and bridges or crowns only last between five and 10 years. Even so, crowns, dentures, and bridges may limit speaking, drinking, eating. Dental implants are a permanent solution and provide the appearance and function of natural teeth.
2. Cavity-free – Many people wonder if tooth implants are prone to cavities. Because they are constructed from an artificial material, they are resistant to decay. However, it is essential to keep the teeth and gums surrounding the implant clean.
3. Titanium construction – Titanium implants, the same material NASA uses, makes them lighter and stronger than steel. The result is an implant that will last a lifetime.
4. Increases jawbone strength – Teeth replacement options that don’t fuse to the bone, such as dentures, can weaken your jawbone. The biological fusing properties of titanium used in dental implants encourage new bone growth.
5. Age is not a factor – Dental implants are available for patients of any age. A patient with good oral health and whose teeth are finished growing is an ideal candidate for dental implants.
Schedule an Appointment Today
It is important to find an experienced and highly-qualified dental implant dentist to provide you with treatment options that will meet your needs. If you are considering dental implants in Vancouver, BC, contact us today at (604) 879-3333 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Parviz Roshanzamir.